My name is Megan and this is my little slice of heaven in the world. I created this site to really share the things I love with others.
As people, and moms especially, we all have a picture in our head of what our life would be like if everything went according to plan.
In my world, life would be simple. I would work from home, and have plenty of time to spend in my garden and with my loved ones. I would live a frugal lifestyle so that I could retire early and not have as much stress from finances. I would build/make my own stuff and never have to go to the store. Everything would be clean, organized, and minimalized. Just looking around my home would put me at peace.
Doesn’t this sound amazing? That’s this momma’s utopia! That is what this blog is about!
The problem is, my life has been anything but a utopia. But, I am steadily headed towards my ideal each and every day. I have come a long way in life and every day just keeps getting better.
Here is where I am in my life now:
- I work full time as an EMT for my county government. This means I work 24 hours at a time, with 48 hours off.
- I spend one weekend a month putting on camo and serving my country in the Army Reserves.
- I have been divorced a time or 3, but now I am in a relationship I wouldn’t trade for the world. (He is amazing and I will marry him one day)
- I spend every chance I get in my garden, and try to be healthy.
- I have a 4 year old daughter I adore and just found out that I am pregnant and should be due around Halloween! (It happens to be my favorite holiday).
- I am unconventional, offensive at (many) times, and introverted.
- I have struggled with depression and anxiety for all of my adult life.
It is due to many of these things that having my own perfect world is a constant goal. I know perfect isn’t real but I can get pretty close if I keep trying.
I invite you to stick around, really get to know me, and learn from my experiences.
With all my Heart,