If you read my Hubpages Review, you may be interested in writing for Hubpages. It truly is a great platform to start a blogging career. If you haven’t read the review yet, I highly suggest you do. It covers a lot of information that this will not. The main focus of this article is not to convince you to sign up for Hubpages, but teaches you how to make money on Hubpages. It truly can be done. I have talked to some of the success stories who are making thousands of dollars per month writing from the comfort of their home.
How Much Money Have I Made?
Since I joined: $1848.07
In the last year: $1171.65
Note: I only have 86 Hubs published and haven’t written anything new in about a year and a half. This income is completely passive for me. I would be making more on Hubpages had I not moved my best work to my own blogs here and Ez Army Points. Before I started moving content, I was making a reliable $120/month for doing absolutely nothing. Now, I make around half of that from moving around 15 hubs to my self hosted blogs.
Get Approved for Programs
The very first thing you need to do to be able to make money on Hubpages is to get approved for the different earnings program and submit your tax information. This is taxable income, in case you didn’t know. The eBay and Amazon earnings programs go right along with the Hubpages earning program. But, you need to get approved for Google Adsense as well. You can still use the Hubpages earnings program without Adsense but not the other way around.
- How to Sign up for the Hubpages Earnings Program
- How to Sign up for Google Adsense on Hubpages
- How to Sign up for an Amazon Affiliate Account
- How to Sign up for the eBay Program
Add eBay and Amazon Links
If you are writing about a product or even a craft, you are going to be talking about items that are needed. This is a perfect time to look them up on eBay or Amazon and add a link of product picture with a link to it. If someone clicks and buys, you get a commission.
Write Quality Content
Writing quality content is the easiest way for your work to get shared and for you to earn more money. There are a few criteria that Hubpages suggests if you want to create good, sharable content. Before I list them, there is one thing you need to know. If you are a beginner, you need to just focus on writing about a subject you know well and fully covering the subject. Do not worry yourself with Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Minimum of 1150 words. This needs to be quality information, not just blabbering to fill space. Read over what you have written and elaborate on anything you think that you can.
- Minimum of 3 quality photos. You can take your own or get them from sites like Wikimedia, Shutter Stock, IStockPhotos, etc. Just make sure the photos you include are relevant to your writing.
- At least one video. This one is not as big of an issue but you can always find relevant videos on Youtube to embed in your hub.
- A Poll or Quiz. Nothing is better for getting readers active and involved that polls and quizzes.
- A Map or Table. If you are talking about a place, maps are great! If you are talking about anything with numbers or comparing things, a table illustrates what you are saying well.
- An intriguing summary. When someone sees your hub in Google search results, they are going to see the summary under the title. You need to write something that is going to make them want to click on it.
- Good formatting. Don’t clump all the pictures and other capsules together. Use them to break up the text a bit. Use bullet points for lists and float some capsules to the right. If it is more appealing to look at, your reader will stick around longer.
Become Active in the Community
The great thing about Hubpages is that it truly is a community of writers. If you start networking with others on the site and comment on their work, they will return the favor. You may even get some quality backlinks from these other writers from them sharing your content in their hubs. There are also forums that you can use to your advantage. Chat with others, brainstorm, and get advice.
If you have any specific questions about making money on Hubpages, I’d be happy to answer them. Just leave a comment at the bottom of the page.